“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Postal address
- Telephone number (including home and mobile phone numbers)
- Email address
- Profile picture
- Social media account ID
- Country of residence
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including through the website, we may collect Personal Information through the website, e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Personal Information you provide through the website may be combined with Personal Information and Other Information that you provide to us.
How We May Use Personal Information
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use Personal Information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or to respond to your questions and comments.
- to provide you with updates and announcements concerning our project and to send you invitations to participate in events.
- to send you advertising/promotional material from KETmaritime Project
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser and device information
- Server log file information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- App usage data
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Location information
- Aggregated information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then, in addition to the uses listed in the “How We May Collect Other Information” section below, we may use and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, service provider, and the name and version of the Sites (such as the App) you are using. We use this information for statistical purposes as well as to ensure that the Sites function properly.
- Through server log files: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer or device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Sites usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Sites. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Other Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
Choices and Access
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving email marketing communications from us, please use the unsubscribe feature in the marketing email you received. In your request, please indicate that you wish to stop receiving email marketing communications from us.
Please note that changes may not be effective immediately. We will endeavor to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
To review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our website you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health or medical condition, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the website or otherwise to us.